6 Home Remedies For Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction is a problem faced by many men though very few men admit to it or seek medical help.
The condition is not a disease and can be treated easily if one keeps an open mind. It is important to take medical advice and help if you wish to have a long and happy relationship.
An important note to take is that ED cannot be corrected by the use of Viagra or some other medicines that are touted as the end of all your sexual problems. Erectile dysfunction can be corrected with the use of medication; however, one also needs to make adjustments in their lifestyle and living. If you are a heavy drinker or smoker or lead a sedentary life then no amount of medication can help you.
It is recommended that you visit your doctor at the earliest to seek medical advice. In the meantime, there are some very effective home remedies that can be done to treat erectile dysfunction.
Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
1. Eat a nutritious diet that includes plenty of fresh fruits, green vegetables and sprouts. It is also important to eat whole grains including red beans and other pulses. Don’t forget to up the intake of water.
Many times ED is the result of not eating properly. Eating a well-balanced diet can go a long way in treating the symptoms associated with ED. Water and fiber rich fruits are important for flushing out the toxins from our body. These toxins are more often than not responsible for many conditions.
2. Up your intake of foods that are rich sources of zinc. If you cannot do this then take 30mg of zinc supplements every day. Along with zinc, you must also take copper supplement so that our body can absorb zinc better. ED is often caused due to deficiency of zinc in the body.
3. Vitamin A deficiency in the body is also a known cause of ED. Eat lots of carrots and papaya. Also take 120mg of vitamin A supplement every day.
4. Gingko is a herb that has been known to aid in the cure of erectile dysfunction. Your doctor will likely recommend use of Gingko if you are on anti-depressants. Anti-depressants are known to cause erectile dysfunction in men. The herb soothes and relaxes the body which allows for better flow of blood to the penis.
5. Drink a glass of warm milk with a teaspoon of turmeric in it every night. This remedy for erectile dysfunction is recommended in ancient Indian books. In fact, in Hindu religion a newly married groom is given a glass of warm milk with turmeric on his wedding night.
6. Add a handful of chopped walnuts, cashew nuts, dates, almonds and raisins in a glass of warm milk and drink this milk twice a day for 15 days. Dry fruits are known to generate heat within the body which is why they are popularly consumed during winter months.
Drinking milk with dry fruits will warm your body and heat your blood. Warm blood will find it easier to travel to the penis.